Shirley has been engaged as an expert witness specialising in reinsurance, professional and financial lines insurances (PI, D&O, BBB, EPLi), business interruption and brokerage issues.
Recent cases include
- Policy interpretation/market practice standards - Ted Baker vs Axa (2012) EWHC 1406
- Surplus treaty, cession practice and facultative reinsurance protection
- Non-disclosure issues in three US banking professional indemnity cases
- Non-disclosure and severability issues in a European Directors & Officers case
- Apportionment issues between BBB and PI in a Swiss Bank
- A reinsurance dispute concerning the correct cession of major UK risks between proportional and non-proportional treaties